Our friend Luise once turned her rhubarb harvest into a beautiful rhubarb feast - rhubarb squares, rhubarb-pops, rhubarb compote. Last time we rode the train together on a Friday night she told me this recipe and my guests were licking it off their plates that Saturday night. Serve it with scones, crepes, vanilla ice-cream, a lemon-ricotta tart or just a spoon.
- 8 stalks rhubarb
- 2 oranges (zest and juice)
- .5 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Scrub rhubarb and orange clean with vegetable brush under running water.
- Trim edges of rhubarb, cut into 2 inch lengths, toss into roasting pan.
- Zest oranges, juice oranges, add to rhubarb.
- Sprinkle rhubarb with .5 cup sugar (or more depending on how tart you like it).
- Roast for 20 minutes or less (until rhubarb is soft but not has not collapsed).